Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync tasks between Outlook 2010 Act 2011 issue

Copper Contributor

Sync tasks between Outlook 2010 Act 2011 issue

[ Edited ]

Tasks made in outlook do not show up in Act.  Been through all the settings, watched the videos.,  it does not work

Why o Why did I but into this latest version?  I'll tell you, the much spouted Outlook Syncronisation. In my heart I knew it would not work, and it does not.  I knew I should have waited.  [comment removed]   Ive been a user since Dos so i have no excuse, I should have known, i should have waited and let others pay to test it.

[please post courteously]

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sync tasks between Outlook 2010 Act 2011 issue

It is obvious from your message that you are having an issue with the calendar sync, but with a little troubleshooting you should be able to isolate the cause and resolve it.

- You mention that the Outlook tasks are not getting onto the Act! calendar - are the Act! activities syncing to the Outlook calendar? 

- Have you ensured that the setting for 'Appointments' has been checked on the Calendar Sync Preferences screen?  (In Act! > Tools > Synchronize with Outlook > Outlook Synchronization Preferences > Synchronize Calendar > Advanced Preferences)

- Are you getting any errors during the sync?

To help isolate the issue:

- Try syncing with a different Act! database (create a new one and add a couple of test activities).

- Create a new Outlook profile (Windows Control Panel > Mail > Profiles) and test the sync with it.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hi Greg,

I made a new database, then tried to sync with outlook. It reports a successfull sync but nothing syncs fron outlook.  Not a single contact or task.  

Calendar Sync Preferences screen?  (In Act! > Tools > Synchronize with Outlook > Outlook Synchronization Preferences > Synchronize Calendar > Advanced Preferences) all checked, Apps call meets to do etc. 

So now i have made a new profile in outlook.  How do i force act to look at the new profile?

Thanks

[ Edited ]

On the Mail/Profiles setup screen there should be an option to 'prompt for a profile'.  By selecting that option, when you open Outlook you will be presented with an screen to select the desired profile.

If that option is already selected, you should only need to close and reopen Outlook (also close and reopen Act! to ensure it has refreshed it's selection of the Outlook profile).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hi Greg, so now i have the new Act Database with just one contact.  I made a new outlook profile using that profile I created one simple task. 

I synced,  the one contact  from Act now appears in outlook.  The task in outlook DOES NOT appear in Act!  Its not in the task list or the calendar.   My only reason for buying and it does not work :-(

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Been on to support, they are blaming outlook, cant resolve the issue.   Wasted a whole day, nothing will sync with Outlook and Outlook crashes every ten minutes and th eonly way out is to kill the process.

Its easy to blame outlook, but outlook has worked flawlessly for two months.  Install Act12 and immediatley it plays up.  My advice, DO NOT UPGRADE YET. I just do not have the time to Pay to Beta test this for them.  I will be asking for a refund and looking for a CRM product that will work with Office 2010. 

I have had two users loose their contact information in their Outlook contacts area. The only work around is to export the contacts to a csv file before you sync with ACT. It appears that these contacts were contacts that were entered from their Blackberry and went to our Blackberry Server and then to Exchange server and back to their desktops. Now I have a problem of either ACT or Outlook deleting the contacts in Outlook. I import the contacts back into Outlook and it duplicates them in ACT when the user Synchs  to the server. We decided to discontinue use of the Outlook Sync portion of ACT.