Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync issues with Act for Palm OS 3.0

Sync issues with Act for Palm OS 3.0

I am using ACT 10.0 for Real Estate and Act for Palm OS 3.0.
I have my settings for syncing with Act to overwrite Palm as a default.  When I add data to my Palm and then change my settings for a sync to be "Syncronize files" instead of PC overwrite, I get a "DOH Required" settings alert and then when I click OK, and then sync, my data from the PC and the Palm do not sync.  I look at the log and see this:
"Sync terminated unexpectedly. Not all data was sync'd 04/01/08 13:00:51"

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sync issues with Act for Palm OS 3.0

Copper Contributor

Re: Sync issues with Act for Palm OS 3.0

I have had this problem myself. Basically the Act for Palm program is defective. Before you try any of this back up your desktop database. When this has occurred to me (several times in the past, and nobody at Sage has had a clue about what was wrong), it has been caused by data in the Opportunities database. There is no fix. There is no repair support for this. You'll have to try to identify the problem manually. I normally print out a report before I do this.

Backup. Print a report. Then delete all of your opportunities (if you can recall which ones you created or modified since the problem started occuring, just try deleting them). Repair your database. Do a PDA overwrite. After that, the conduit should reset automatically to sync. Try to sync. If it works you've identified the cause (don't even waste your time trying a data repair, because this is not an issue identified by Sage). Try reentering the opportunities one-by-one. When the bad one goes in (even if you enter it again by hand) it will start the problem.

In my case, the problem usually stems from a limit on the value for a product! In the most recent case, taking a $36mm service (product) and breaking it up into three $12mm services fixed the problem. (I deleted the opportunity, did everything else, then reentered the opportunity along with the appropriately "sized" products.) I have had this problem twice before, and in both cases the problem was the same. In those instances, I wasted an enormous amount of time with Sage technical support. They were entirely clueless. They had been uninstall and reinstall the system several times. They offered to "repair" my desktop database for free (which they eventually did, with absolutely no results). Eventually, they just gave up, claiming that my database (desktop) was damaged (which it wasn't).

Try this solution and let me know if it works for you. Marc