Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync failed after moving Publisher's database to a new machine

Copper Contributor

Sync failed after moving Publisher's database to a new machine

I have  a system with a main (publisher) database on a machine and two remote (subscriber) databases on two machines.

I have moved the publisher database to a new PC, following the instructions given here:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19817/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzYwNzUwNTM3L...

First comment: the procedure was not straightaway and a few things did not work at the beginning.

However, I know my way around PCs and now the Publisher works fine.

I managed to start the 'Accept incoming syncs' flag and I set the incoming port for this.

I disabled the firewall as a start (will open port 65100 once everything is stable).

On the subscriber's machine I changed the IP address of the Publisher's computer.

The subscriber then launched a sync, which started OK but then failed.

On the publisher's machine, here's the sync log:

======== SYNC SESSION - 2/13/2013 10:38:54 AM ========
[ Info | 2/13/2013 10:38:54 AM ]Message: Synchronization started. 
[ Info | 2/13/2013 10:38:54 AM ]Message: Server object created. 
[ Info | 2/13/2013 10:38:55 AM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync. 
[ Info | 2/13/2013 10:39:16 AM ]Message: Server establishing synchronization with remote database: FASTCOMREMOTEDATABASE_1
[ Info | 2/13/2013 10:39:16 AM ]Message: Server generated remote sync session identifier: e7ae63e0-a8a8-4f3b-9ff6-7dfb20de5e1f:<FastcomRemoteDatabase_1>
[ Info | 2/13/2013 10:39:21 AM ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync. 
[ Info | 2/13/2013 10:39:58 AM ]Message: Server initialized database send session: 43
[ Info | 2/13/2013 10:40:59 AM ]Message: Server initialized. 
[ Error | 2/13/2013 10:58:47 AM ]Message: Synchronization completion failed. Setuser failed because of one of the following reasons: the database principal 'dbo' does not exist, its corresponding server principal does not have server access, this type of database principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission.

Any suggestions?

Copper Contributor

Re: Sync failed after moving Publisher's database to a new machine

Update: on the subscriber's machine we see this

Untitled.png

What does it mean? it seems like everything went as expected (I can see some correct updates in the Publisher's database) but I have no idea how to fix this

Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article with steps to resolve this issue: KB Article 25099

Additional things to try:

- Detach and reattach both publisher and subscriber

- Disable Anti-virus

- Change port to 65200 (or other)

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks, I just followed that procedure and now everything works fine.