Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync did not start because synchronization already in progress

Sync did not start because synchronization already in progress

I have not had any problem syncing my ACT 2011  remote database with the main server. However, I recently added a new user account to my computer and made that user account the administrator account. Previously my old user account (where my ACT sync set is located) was the administrator account.

When I tried to sync ACT while logged in to the new admin account it would not sync at all even though I had a connection to the main computer. Then I realized that my sync set is on the other user account so I logged into that account. But it's no longer the admin user account. Now when I try to sync I get the error message that says "Sync did not start because synchronization is already in progress" but it shows no progress. All categories just say "not started." When I go to the log there is no indication that it's doing a sync. I just have all the logs of the previous attempts that wouldn't start at all. These errors said "ACT is unable to connect to the sync server." I checked to be sure the main database was enabled to receive incoming syncs and it was.

Am I having a problem because I changed the admin user? How do I fix this problem? Thanks.

Silver Contributor

Re: Sync did not start because synchronization already in progress

Rebooting the machine should take care of the other sync instance running, or killing it via task manager, then you can open ACT scheduler from the Tools menu and change the user settings

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider