01-13-2009 03:58 PM
i have read several threads and many responses - especially from mike lazarus. thanks for the wealth of information i have already read.
i am trying to share (actually synchronize) a database
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1. we have 10 licenses for ACT! 2007 (not premium?)
2. we currently have two users - one running XP and one running Vista
3. Vista user has installed hotfixes (3) applicable to ACT! version 184.108.40.206
4. Vista user will be "administrator" of the database that we would all like to share. the database is currently on his computer.
5. we do NOT have a network, but we signed up for VPN through Hamachi as Mike suggested
6. we will not use sync sets. we will exchange all contact info amongst ourselves.
can someone please tell me if i have done everything necessary to synchronize?
we tried earlier, but failed. this was prior to the hotfixes being installed on the vista computer. we got some kind of error message.
thanks in advance.
i have been reading this forum for several hours today, and i am hoping that i am close to having this resolved.
01-13-2009 04:11 PM
One problem as I am trying again to sync the database:
When I get to "Sync Server Connection" it asks for "Connection Type" "Machine Name" and "Port number"
VPN is considered Network (inside a firewall), right?
Then what is my port number being monitored by the sync server?