03-25-2010 10:16 AM
We are using Act 2009 and on a laptop we have setup synchronising. It has been working well for months now but now it seems that the remote database has less contacts than the main database. The remote has 11k and the main 12k.
I've tried syncing and rebuild & repair but the two still don't match up.
03-26-2010 07:21 AM
This can be caused by a couple of things - primarily it is the use of Criteria for the sync set or having contacts set to Private.
The first step is to look at the sync set used by the remote and look at the criteria, does it exclude any contacts? To determine the sync set for the remote, in the Publisher (main) database go to Tools > Synchronization Panel > select Manage Database. It will list your remotes and the sync sets (along with other information). Determine your sync set, then click on Home. Back at the Home panel > select Manage Sync Set > double click on the appropriate sync set and review it's definitions.
The second step requires determining 1 or more of the contacts that are not syncing to the remote. Once you have determined that, look at the Contact Access tab and see if the Access Level is set to Private (or Limited).
03-30-2010 09:02 AM
Thanks for the reply gmartin.
The sync set on the main database is set to Synchronise all available contacts with total available 11999 but the remote Sync set says 11075 available.
The missing contacts are set to public.
04-05-2010 07:23 AM