Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync between ACT 2013 and Outlook 2013

Sync between ACT 2013 and Outlook 2013

- Version of Sage ACT! :  Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

- Office 2013 15.0.4481.1508   MSO 15.0.4481.1510   32 bit

database is on local machine (private database) 

- Operating system:  Windows 8

I am using the ACT trial and have not been able to sync ACT calendar or contacts to Outlook at all.  Is there a compatibility issue or should these two programs sync?  I have spent many many hours going through these forums, doing searches, and trying literally every suggestion that I could find and nothing has worked.

When I attempt sync, I get an error in the log that states:

Context: synchronizing contacts

Description: Interface not supported

Exception: Redemption.RDOSession

Source: Redemption.RDOSession

Call Stack: 

at Redemption.IRDOSession.set_MAPIOBJECT(Object Value)

at ACT.Outlook.Integration.Outlookfactory.get_session()

at ACT.Outlook.Integration.Utility.GetOutlookcontactlist(progessservice progressservice)

at ACT.Outlook.Sync.Common.ContactsSynchronizer.SynAllContacts(IConfigurationService configurationService)

I've been extremely frustrated and hope someone out there has been able to fix this issue and/or knows the corrective action.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Re: Sync between ACT 2013 and Outlook 2013

Hi Skratch

I am having the same problem.  I am also attempting to trial Act Pro 2013, but am becoming very frustrated as I am wasting many hours that should be going towards productive business.  I have outlook 2013 and Office 2013 on windows 8 but haven't been able to get emails lynced to contacts or get the documents templates to work. One of the opposition cloud based crms has been a breeze to work with and there have been real live people communicating with me via email. But I would rather a desktop CRM and if I look at the Act stuff on utube it appears that Act SHOULD be able to do the things I need.

I'll keep searching for the short term, but I caqn't keep wasting time on this as I am trying to start up a new business

all the best with your issues

Ian

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Skratch445 and Ian,

Sage ACT! will only integrate with a full installation of the 32-bit version of Office 2013, it may be that you have the 'Click-to-Run' version installed.  Within the following article is a step to determine if you have the 'Click-to-Run' version installed: KB Article 33125

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi GMartin

thanks for the information. I'll check it out

cheers

Ian