Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync & Backup Failure: "Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 8630"

Copper Contributor

Sync & Backup Failure: "Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 8630"

My remote database (laptop) will no longer sync with the "master"database on my desktop, giving the above error.

Also it fails to backup with teh same error.

"Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor encountered an unexpected error during execution. Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 8630. Check the errorlog for more information."

I know that there is a similiar posting "Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 2601" which has an alleged fix in Sage Act forums (28141) but this Sage Forum posting now seems now to be inaccessible so far as I can see - I just get a login page.

Has anyone cme across this? Hope someone can help....

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sync & Backup Failure: "Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 8630"

Administrator

Re: Sync & Backup Failure: "Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 8630"

Hi Actwright,

The error 2601 Knowledgebase article can be found here now: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141

However, I'm not certain the steps in that article will resolve your issue, as the error code is referencing a different error which i'm not familiar with. It's worth a try though.
Please let us know how you get on.
Copper Contributor

Dear Gary, Mike, thanks for teh reference to the kb article.

However, your suspicions that this is not the solution, Gary, are correct! - I previously implented the SQL update listed there (SP3 for SQL Server 2008 R2) for a previous fault, so I know I have the latest (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Express Edition (64-bit) SP3, Build 10.50.6220.0)

Any other ideas as to what might be the cause?

Many thanks for your help.

Copper Contributor

PS I also ran SQL_Express_BackupFix.bat on each PC.
Administrator

What version of Act and Windows are you running?
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary - it's Act! Pro Version 16.2.14.0 and Windows7.

Administrator

Could you please try running the Act! Diagnostics Utility database repair procedures as detailed in the following Knowledgebase article, and then retesting by taking a backup?
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19642
Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary. Alas the repair fell at the first hurdle - trying to detach the Remote database.

It had the same basic error "Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 8630" but here is the full error message.....

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor encountered an unexpected error during execution.
Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 8630. Check the errorlog for more information.
The statement has been terminated.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at ActDiag.DatabaseCollection.ٟ(String ٓ, Boolean ٗ)
ClientConnectionId:823c8d53-b817-4c71-9967-eb30f1040ec3
Error Number:8630,State:1,Class:16

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Actwright,

This would really have to be looked into in more detail, with some further environmental troubleshooting by an Act technician.

If you have an active support contract or a subscription, I would suggest calling us on 0845 268 0220 and speaking with one of our support technicians. Alternatively, you could reach out to one of our Act Certified Consultants to help with this issue.

Be sure to reference this thread, so the technician can understand what steps have already been taken.