Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Set up Help

Sync Set up Help

Hello,

I am setting up my database for the first time, I have 4 users on the program.  Is there a way to put the main database in a shared file so that the main database can be updated by anyone, at all times?  If I house the main database on my laptop, my team members are not able to update the main database unless my computer is online.  Any suggestions?

Copper Contributor

Re: Sync Set up Help

The database needs to be hosted on a computer, so ideally you want to host on a computer that is on at all times, i.e. a server.

To host the database on a server (or any other PC) act will need to be installed. For help sharing a database or backing up a database and restoring it to another computer (copying and pasting a database does not work) see the act knowledgebase.

Can the main database be placed on a shared file on a server? Will that solve the problem? If so, how do you do that?
Copper Contributor

For help sharing a database or backing up a database and restoring it to another computer (copying and pasting a database does not work) see the act knowledgebase.