Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync PALM Treo 755P with ACT! 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

Hi
I'm able to sync one way to my Treo but as soon as I check  sync options to sync both ways it does not process any changes that I made to contacts,activities or calander.
Im hoping that you can help because I just spent alot of $$ so these two devises would sync.
Thanks for your help
Rick

Re: Sync PALM Treo 755P with ACT! 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

The best and easiest way to accomplish this with minumal and/or no problems is to use CompanionLink. I am not affiliated with them, but I have used their product for years...I know that the ACT for Palm is supposed to work flawlessly, however I found that CompanionLink will save you time and data....."google" it and you should be able to find the site, and I know that they have a full version trial. Good Luck
Platinum Elite Contributor

HumBum... I don't use a Palm (prefer my Blackberry), but the newer version of ACT! for Palm is supposed to be better than the one for ACT! 8/9

Might be worth a look?

I have the latest PALM and it is slow and does not sync both ways between ACT to PALM.
Only one way sync from ACT to Palm.
Very frustrating and I can not find help to accomplish this as advertised.
Rick

Are you using ACT! for Palm or the ACT!Link for PalmOS?

Which "latest PALM"... there are several and they don't all use the Palm OS

PALM Treo 755P with ACT! 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

You might have a look at ACT! for Palm... I included a link a couple of posts back

The point is I paid for SYN both ways (as advertised) but no one even comes close to even responding as to why it does not sync both ways or even defending that there's work great. Its a balck hole...
Does anyone have any experience in using these devises- good or bad ?? 

Copper Contributor

The point is you have not specified what sync software you are trying to use between your desktop and your Treo.

I'm looking for someone who is using ACT for Palm 3.0 with a Treo 755p syncing to a ACT 2008 Premium database.  I want to know if anyone is doing this successfully, if there are any issues, etc.  I'm looking to purchase a 755p and create the sync setup I'm describing above.
Copper Contributor

I am using the Palm Treo 755P and syncronizing with ACT! 2008 (10.0.1.199) on a Vista Home Premium computer via Palm Link.  I use HotSync Manager 6.0.1 according to the installed program.  I too am experiencing the same issue that there is not actual 2-way syncing between the Palm and the computer.  I CAN do the computer over-rides the hand-held to update my Palm, but that is the only way to update information on the Palm from the computer.

I'm almost bald from pulling my hair out trying to get all this working together.  I updated my HotSync to the latest from Palm for Vista computers and it totally screwed up ACT! and the links to MS Office 2003, Outlook 2003, and linking to the database from ACT!  I have uninstalled, and reinstalled my MS Office several times, as well as the ACT! program and the Palm Link program.  I could not reinstall ACT! until I had completely removed ALL MS Server Act7 programming MANUALLY.  That must be why this procedure is made available to us in the knowledge base...it is a KNOWN issue.

No, I'm not happy, but I'm hoping that someone will have a fix for this SOON!  I use the real estate version and this is SO important for me to have working CORRECTLY!  At this time, I can only do a computer over-rides hand-held to update information on my Palm.

I believe this is what the original question or complaint was about.  So far, I have not seen a fix for this.