Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Outlook With ACT

Sync Outlook With ACT

Am running ACT 2007 and Outlook 2003.  Have been unable to get my ACT calendar activities to show up on my Outlook calendar after performing the Update Activities function.  I am not seeing anything on screen during this process except a quick hourglass that blinks on and off in about 1/2 second.  I do not see the progress bars or the "working" dots when I activate this process.  I have tried repairing and re-indexing my database and also did the "remove activities" action recommended by ACT.  I also tried adding an appointment to Outlook to see if it would sync the other day.  It did not.  What else can I try?

Re: Sync Outlook With ACT

I'm not sure I can help completely.  I also use ACT 2007 and Outlook 2003.  I sync all of my activities and contacts to Outlook because we are on a Microsoft Exchange Server.  By doing this, I get a wireless sync to my PDA.

I use a 3rd part software called Companion Link to sync all of this informaiton.  Just the other day my partner started using ACT again.  He purchased from Companion Link a product called DoubleLook.  It is working great and I recommend it.  As long as your computer is on, everytime you modify ACT record, it updates Outlook.

Go to www.companionlink.com and then look for DoubleLook.

Thank you for your reply.  According to the instructions, the ACT calendar is supposed to sync with Outlook without the use of third-party software.... and I would really like to find out why the programs are not communicating with each other when they are supposed to.

Have you set up Outlook as your email?  Maybe that is why it is not syncing correctly.  Go to Tools, Preferences, and then click on the Email Tab.  At the top you select Outlook as your email system.  You probably know that, but thought I would suggest.  Maybe it does not know where to send the info from ACT.  Good luck.