Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Outlook Calenar Appointments but don't add them to ACT's Task List

Sync Outlook Calenar Appointments but don't add them to ACT's Task List

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to sync appointments made in Outlook's calendar with ACT's calendar but NOT add those items to ACT's Task List?  I only want ACT's Task List to show me the activities (calls, meetings, to-do, etc.) I schedule in ACT.

In other words, I don't want my daily recurring Outlook "Go to the Gym" appointment to be listed in my ACT Task list.  I only want to see the stuff I scheduled with clients in my ACT database in that view BUT I do want those client specific activities to show up on my Outlook Calendar.

Am I asking for too much or is this actually possible?  It doesn't seem like a strange request to me.

I want to use ACT strictly for business and Outlook for everything (business stuff, reminders to go the gym, scheduling date nights with my wife, etc.).

Silver Contributor

Re: Sync Outlook Calenar Appointments but don't add them to ACT's Task List

From the task List, at the top right, click Customize and then turn off Outlook Tasks.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Jon, thanks for your response; however, it does not address my issue.  I'm not syncing Outlook Tasks at all.  Although, you did help me realize the problem.  It seems that ANY activity with an alarm set appears in ACT's Tasklist.  Therefore, is it possible to sync alarms from ACT to Outlook but NOT sync alarms from Outllook to ACT?  This would stop my non-business related Outlook appointments with alarms from appearing in my ACT Tasklist.

Silver Contributor

Ok, it's a problem with the naming convention.  In outlook there are calendar and tasks.  Tasks DO NOT SYNC to ACT, but in ACT, all activities are called tasks and show up on the ACT task list..  We are still talking about Outlook calendar items and the show outlook tasks from the ACT task list is technically not accurate as these are calendar items from Outlook.

The alarms are a piece of each activitiy.  The only thing that addresses alarms between the two programs is under ACT, Tools, Outlook Sync Preferences, Advanced Preferences. Here isa box that allows you to "specify where the alarms will ring"  Either in ACT  or OUTLOOK or BOTH.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider