Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync OL2007 contacts/tasks with Act2008?

Sync OL2007 contacts/tasks with Act2008?

I've upgraded from Act 2006 to 2008 after suffering 06's incompatibility with a quad-core PC. After much setup and transfer grief, it seems to be stable now.

But now I can't find where I can sync my Outlook 2007 contacts into Act 2008. I seem to remember Act'06 was pretty straightforward to sync contacts, calendar, and tasks. Now all I can see is sync'ing Calendar items. That seems to work, but how do I get contacts over? Some start life in Outlook and I don't want to double-check every single one.

Same question with Outlook Tasks. Where is the old "Sync with Outlook" button??? Do Tasks come over with the Calendar?

I've searched the forums and all I can find is some reference to a $100 add-on app. Now that I've had to buy a brand new version just to use my quad-core processor, do I have to drop another $100 to sync with Outlook (a task that Act'06 did just fine)???

Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sync OL2007 contacts/tasks with Act2008?

You can do Activities - Tools | Outlook Activities

But not contacts. But you can make ACT! and address book in Outlook, so they are available to you

Thanks Mike, but didn't Act 2006 sync contacts? Any idea why they would drop this very useful feature? Plus make me do two tasks to sync calendars and tasks?
Nickel Elite Contributor

No it did not. There is an addon from Companion Link called double look that is supposed to to that.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Mike:

You sound like you have some experience with synching Act and Outlook.  I, too, used to just push a button (Act 6.0) and have my calendars synch.  Now, with Act! 8.0 and Office 2007, when I hit the easy synch button you note, it takes literally hours to crank through -- even though I choose to synch only "today and future".  How can I set preferences so that I'm not synching any Notes?  Any thoughts on why the synch cranks so long?  Many thanks!  Elle 

I gave you erroreous information.  I installed ACT! 10.0 (2008) on my Vista machine along with Office 2007.

I've searched through all the help files and can't find a thing about the integration taking hours.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Elle 

Does it complete or just hang?

You might try the Fix Activity function in ACTDIAG as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/3g8x9w

Backup first.

Also do a Compress/Reindex after