Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Hangs

Sync Hangs

Have been using ACT 9 for 18 months with  3 remote users synchronising via VPN and 4 users on a LAN

I changed to a new server following the Knowledge base instructions not knowing about the releasing databse and copying database as per form messages. Consequently I had to set up new Remote Databases. These were successfully synchronising and then stopped working. In the sync log it gets to the 8th line  - Server initialized and on the RDB the message just keeps cycling on the screen. The first couple of times we cancelled it and the only additional log message was in Items sent - Files attempted 11 Completed 10 and the next time attempted 16 completed 16.

I have checked the attachment folders both local and remote and nothing was copied. Also no contacts were updated. I also checked using an RDB that was a test and initially worked and left it running for 3 hours! There seemed to be network traffic of 100's of megabytes but no changes either end.

I used ACTDIAG to Check - No problems. Rpair, Reindex and Rebuild Sync Objects but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me

Many Thanks

Stuart

Re: Sync Hangs

Stuart,

Are all the remote databases experiencing this issue?

Which version of ACT! are you using (Help | About ACT!)?

Copper Super Contributor

similar story for us with 10 users.  only 1 remote user synching the rest all hanging on initializing server

We have had partial success with stopping the synch service on the server and then running Act on the server with the Accept Incoming Synchs checked but even now this is not 100% reliable

Very frustrating!

Did you have any joy?

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Copper Super Contributor

one thing worth trying is a windows update on the machines that this doesn't work on - we found 2 machines which didn't synch needed a number of windows patches applied using IE's Windows Update - once applied these machines synched successfully
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk