05-20-2009 12:31 PM
I have just installed ACT! 2009 on our application server and on one laptop, I have setup the database on the server copy and I can access the main database from my laptop.
I have created a remote database on my laptop and setup a sync set, the only problem is that when i try to sync the two databases i get the following error
"failed to setup remote sync entity. invalid URI: the hostname could not be parsed"
Any help would be appreciated.
05-27-2009 06:32 AM
Try changing the computer name to the IP address of the server.
How to find the IP address:
- On the server, go to Start and select Run.
- Type in cmd and click Ok.
- Type ipconfig and press enter.
How to change computer name to the IP.
- On the remote database, go to Tools > Synchronization Panel
- Click Manage Connection Information