Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Enable Error Occurred -

Sync Enable Error Occurred -

I have moved a child DB to my laptop on my home network (paren is on my desktop) - whe I try to restore I get "Sync Enable Error Occurred"  - since no data base opens the tool menue does not comeup for any diagnostics / repair.

Running Act (standard) 10.0.3 on both machines.

I have searched for this exact phrase and only one other reference comes up that does not apply...

Any Ideas..

Re: Sync Enable Error Occurred -

When you say child DB, is this a remote database?  Can you give the exact error message when trying to sync?

Re: Sync Enable Error Occurred -

Hello David:

Yes, this is the child DB, upon the first opening, during the restore process this error occurred.  - That was the whole message "Sync Enable Error Occurred" that was it.

I tried a few times an this occurred 2 or 3 times.  Eventually the file opened and was stable after that.  I also created another child DB - which opened normally.

So I no longer have the problem.

-- I work typically with my computer on a VPN, so one can not "see" the other when logged into the VPN - I think that may have had somthing to do with it - during the restore operation (first opening of the new child DB) does the parent DB have to be visible?