Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Act with Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Sync Act with Outlook

Hello,

We are using Outlook 2016 and ACT 2013.  Where can I access an instruction guide on syncing the two together?

Thanks for any help

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author SawMan
‎08-07-2018 06:25 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Sync Act with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Based on the Compatibility Matrix CLICK HERE Act! 2013 is not compatible with Office 2016 (In some cases it is not that it does not work, but it is not a scenario that was worked in the tests prior to launching the version to the market - additionally it does not have the support of Swiftpage)

You have two ways:
1. Update your version of Act! to the current (Suggested)

2. Install a compatible version of Office (I suggest you install it to 32Bit)

Note: The right order of installation is first Office (I suggest it is to 32Bit to avoid integration problems) and then Act! - SO ... if you want to install a supported version of Office ... you must first uninstall both programs and then install compatible Office (32Bit - X86) and then Act! 2013

...Click on the image to enlarge it

1.png

3.png 

NOTE, on Act! and Outlook there are two words with a different functionalities each:

Synchronization: Allows the exchange of Contacts information and Calendar Activities between Act! and Outlook

(particularly don't like it) If the  Act! database is my Contacts and Calendar Activities Manager , I do not need to synchronize this information with Outlook - Besides, looking for this synchronization and then taking it to another service or devices can create duplication of information problems

Integration: Allows you to create history records of sent mail (automatically) and received mail (manually) of my contacts

Note: With the same license you can install Office locally at 64 or 32 Bit - To avoid the integration problems I suggest installing Office locally at 32 bit, then configure at least one email account and NOW YES install Act!

Note: Before installing Act! I suggest temporarily disabling UAC User account Control -  and Antivirus / Firewall - After activating Act! with your license you can restart the computer and activate again your UAC and Firewall / Antivirus

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

FIRMA.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author SawMan
‎08-07-2018 06:25 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Sync Act with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Based on the Compatibility Matrix CLICK HERE Act! 2013 is not compatible with Office 2016 (In some cases it is not that it does not work, but it is not a scenario that was worked in the tests prior to launching the version to the market - additionally it does not have the support of Swiftpage)

You have two ways:
1. Update your version of Act! to the current (Suggested)

2. Install a compatible version of Office (I suggest you install it to 32Bit)

Note: The right order of installation is first Office (I suggest it is to 32Bit to avoid integration problems) and then Act! - SO ... if you want to install a supported version of Office ... you must first uninstall both programs and then install compatible Office (32Bit - X86) and then Act! 2013

1.png

3.png 

NOTE, on Act! and Outlook there are two words with a different functionalities each:

Synchronization: Allows the exchange of Contacts information and Calendar Activities between Act! and Outlook

(particularly don't like it) If the  Act! database is my Contacts and Calendar Activities Manager , I do not need to synchronize this information with Outlook - Besides, looking for this synchronization and then taking it to another service or devices can create duplication of information problems

Integration: Allows you to create history records of sent mail (automatically) and received mail (manually) of my contacts

Note: With the same license you can install Office locally at 64 or 32 Bit - To avoid the integration problems I suggest installing Office locally at 32 bit, then configure at least one email account and NOW YES install Act!

Note: Before installing Act! I suggest temporarily disabling UAC User account Control -  and Antivirus / Firewall - After activating Act! with your license you can restart the computer and activate again your UAC and Firewall / Antivirus

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

FIRMA.png