Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync Act 2009, Outlook 2007, iPhone 3g and 2 other questions

Sync Act 2009, Outlook 2007, iPhone 3g and 2 other questions

Q1: My iPhone has 11,178 contacts. Outlook has 11,274, Act has 11,558, Why are they not synching?

I thought Act automatically synced with Outlook, which automatically syncs with iPhone. If so, why wouldn't new entries in Act pass through Outlook and into my iPhone?  What is an automatic solution? When will Outlook 2010 link directly with iPhone instead of the other way around??

Q2: I had many documents linked to different Act Contacts. Then I used iTunes to sync my iPhone and the linked documents became unlinked. Any idea why? How can I find and reattach them?

Q3: Should forum tags be seperated with a coma, a semicoln; nothing, or what?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Sync Act 2009, Outlook 2007, iPhone 3g and 2 other questions

Hello Fred,

I use ACT 2010 and IPhone 3gs.

The best way I found to sync is to use "CompanionLink". There are several settings. It sends data to Outlook and ITunes takes Outlook data and sends to IPhone. It is quite fast and efficient

I would like to (but do not expect) to have linked documents in ACT to be linked in IPhone. CompanionLink also can not do it.

Only problem I found in this scenario is that custom activities created in ACT (specially recurring) avoids contacts sync.

I decided to change activities to act standard to complete sync process.

I also decided to change email preferences in ACT to "Email subject and Message" otherwise history would result useless.

I hope this help you.

Regards

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE