Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync ACT V18 Contact Lookup to Outlook 2010

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sync ACT V18 Contact Lookup to Outlook 2010

I am using ACT v18 Pro and Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.

I want to do a lookup of ACT contacts and then only sync those contacts

in the lookup to Outlook Contacts.

I cannot locate a "Define Sync Set Criteria " for the lookup.

The "Field Name" is different for each contact in the lookup as is the "Field Value"

thanks for your help

Ark210

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Sync ACT V18 Contact Lookup to Outlook 2010

So the first step is to decide if you want the sync to be one way to two way. My advice is ONE way from Act! to Outlook. In this way Act! is the Master Database and changes from Act! are pushed to Outlook. Second Step - create a sync group to be used to assemble those records you want to push to Outlook. You can either place those contacts manually into the group or use a Query/Criteria to add and remove records automatically to the Outlook Sync Group.

Once you have this in place then you can go to TOOLS > SYNCHRONIZE with OUTLOOK > SYNCHRONIZATION WITH OUTLOOK PREFERENCES and walk through the wizard choosing One Way, and the Outlook Sync Group. Run the first sync manually and check to see if the sync worked and then if you want set a sync schedule to run periodically automatically.

Final Note: Most of the time I set the Outlook Sync Group I am going to use with a single TEST record. Example I will create a new record like : Donald Duck put that in the group and then after the configuration see if Donald Duck gets to Outlook. Once I know that works then I delete Donald Duck and populate the Sync group with the actual records I want.

Hope that helps!

-Bud

Bud Rice
Pleasanton, CA
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Very clear and effective instructions....thank you

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I followed the steps in KB "How do I manage contacts that sync between Act! and Microsoft Outlook?" but having

this issue of one-way sync from ACT Pro v18 to Outlook 2010.

In Act, there are two contacts with same name, email , and phone fields but different addresses.  I need to keep

the two contacts separate as in ACT.  However, when syncing from ACT one-way and choosing sync all contacts

only one contact of the two contacts with same name syncs; so I get one address with the contact, but not the contact

having a different address.

What would be preventing the syncing of the two contacts with same name but different addresses