Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sychronization trouble

Sychronization trouble

I keep getting two errors when trying to sync my one remote database. We have ACt 2008. both systems have the latest updates; Btah systems vista.

Main error

Sychronization has failed. Server errorDescription: Sychronization failed due to an out of memory error on the server. Exception of type 'System.OutofMemoryException' was thrown.

Other error (Happens Sometimes)

Unable to check if Scema is available for Sysnc.

I have adjusted the Time out Settings.

I have increased the .FileBuffersize" Value= 1242880

I have deleted a huge portion of the files under the Attachment folder in the remote database

and I have repaired and re-indexed the remote database and main database several times.

Still getting the out of memeory error and VERY frustrated. Have notbeen able to sync for almost three months now! Any ideas????

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sychronization trouble

It's possible the remote database may be damaged. Have you tried syncing with a new remote database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Sychronization trouble

Yes i was able to sync another database on a different laptop about a month ago. This one I have been trying for a few months with no success.

Do you think that means it's damaged? If so what would be the best solution. Create a new one and import the old data to the new remote DB?