Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Supplemental files folder could not be found - Act! 2010

Supplemental files folder could not be found - Act! 2010

[ Edited ]

Hi gmartin,

I am an administrator for act premium for web.  I had an issue where a user deleted almost the entire contact list for our database.   I am attempting to reintroduce our old contact database and convert to an act 2010 database to restore our contacts.  I am doing it just like I did when I installed the new act for web program.  this time however I can't get the old database to load.  it says that the supplemental files folder could not be found.  I copied the database file folder to the same location that the pad file and adf file are located.  it still says it cannot find it.  is there a way to tell the program where to search for this file folder without having the database opened?  i cannot gain access to the file for this reason so It is impossible to change the location that it is searching for.

[edited subject to match issue]

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Supplemental files folder could not be found - Act! 2010

Hello Lepagedart,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

As background information, the ADF, ALF, and 'database files' folder must be in the same location.  If they are, the most common reason for this error is attempting to access the database from a different workstation without appropriate security allowed.  Here is an article with steps to resolve this issue: KB Article 19876.

Greg Martin
Sage