Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Supplemental File Location deleted

Supplemental File Location deleted

During the course of a recent hard drive crash & power supply failure, the Supplemental File Location folder on my computer was inadvertently removed as part of a group of corrupted files.  Since backup of my database files did not include the Supplemental File Location folder, I am unable to restore it.  I have searched the Knowledgbase and community and can only find information on how to locate the Supplement File Location folder, not how to restore it.  How do I restore this file?  If the only option is to uninstall & reinstall ACT, may I do it without removing the SQL?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Supplemental File Location deleted

[ Edited ]

Hello bmarie,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community.

If the database files (supplemental files) for a database is missing, then a new default set of files will be created when the database is opened. However, this will not include your custom templates, documents and attachments. Unfortunately, those will be lost unless you can recover them from a backup that does include the supplemental files.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Silver Contributor

Re: Supplemental File Location deleted

If you deleted them manually, check you recycle bin.  Don't try and uninstall the program it won't help.  

What leads you to believe you did not back them up? Are you sure you don't have a backup with these files? 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider