Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Supernumerary ACT taskbar icon and window opening and shutting repeatedly and frenetically for no reason

Copper Contributor

Supernumerary ACT taskbar icon and window opening and shutting repeatedly and frenetically for no reason

For a long time I have been bugged by an ACT! problem in which, looking at the task bar the ACT! icon of the running ACT! application flickers into two taskbar icons and then back to one, repeatedl. If I attempt to click on the second, newly spawned, icon, it promptly disappears - so I cannot see what this second taskbar ACT! icon and window contain. However, this dominates the CPU. If I try to click on the ACT! application to close it down - it doesn't stay on top long enough for me to close it. I have to go to Task Manager and crash ACT!

I'd upload a screenshot of the taskbar double-icon to show but can't see how.

The only other program that does this (much less often) is Outlook, which is linked in to ACT! of course, and it has only hapopened since loading up ACT! (I have another problem with Act.Outlook.Service.exe*32 in Task Manager - maybe the two problems are linked but I will post that separately.)

I think there is possibly a correlation between the occurrence of this problem and the PC having woken up from Sleep or Hibernate mode .

Is this a known bug and what is the solution?