Do you mean 

Summary Report

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Summary Report

Hi.

Running ACT 11.

I am trying to run a summary report that will show the total number of customers within a given field type

Example

Categorty, Count

Prospect,  54

Customer, 88

Dead Enq, 104

Is there an easy way to run a report like this

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gary_russell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Summary Report

There isn't any direct way to do what you want on the screen. I could make a simple report to provide the information in just a few minutes. However, I have a couple of screen alternatives to consider. I actually use both in a database that I have. You can use the contact list view, add the field in question to the fields displayed and then sort on that field to group the entries. You can then highlight a group of entries and do lookup selected and get a count of the contacts. An even better one id to create a group for each entry and make the esch group membership dynamic for a different field entry, To get a count, go to the group screen and right click on one of the groups and select the lookup option to create a lookup of contacts in the group. Again the number of contacts gives you your count. I consider the second the best because onec setup, it's available anytime.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Are you referring to having a count of the different entries in one field of the count of entries separate fields? Also depends if you need a printed report or simply determining the counts.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Roy, ideally, just an on screen total of each category within a field.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gary_russell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

There isn't any direct way to do what you want on the screen. I could make a simple report to provide the information in just a few minutes. However, I have a couple of screen alternatives to consider. I actually use both in a database that I have. You can use the contact list view, add the field in question to the fields displayed and then sort on that field to group the entries. You can then highlight a group of entries and do lookup selected and get a count of the contacts. An even better one id to create a group for each entry and make the esch group membership dynamic for a different field entry, To get a count, go to the group screen and right click on one of the groups and select the lookup option to create a lookup of contacts in the group. Again the number of contacts gives you your count. I consider the second the best because onec setup, it's available anytime.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Thanks Roy.

Very helpful again.