Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Summary Field in Activities Report (Report Footer section)

Summary Field in Activities Report (Report Footer section)

Does anyone know of a method to add a summary field based on the Contact Activity Type field in the Activities report footer and have the report print correctly?  I have added the field but when I do, the report generates strange results in the detail line items area.  Here's what I'm trying to accomplish.

I want to run the Activities report and show at the end of the report the number of "Calls" made by a salesrep.  When I add the summary field to the report footer the detail line items start to print additional lines.  If I have a customer to whom multiple calls were placed and noted appropriately in ACT, that customer's detail section information prints multiple times; the same number of times as there are number of "Calls."  If the customer has 2, 3, 4 ...activities, "Calls" or otherwise, the Activities report will print this customer's detail section 2, 3, 4 times when I add the report footer summary field.

Has anyone else run across this issue?  Has anyone found a way to get this to work correctly?

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Summary Field in Activities Report (Report Footer section)

With all due respect, the problem that you're having isn't a problem with the report editor but with the way you're building the template.

Have you looked at the History Summary Classic report? That may be what you want.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129