Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Suggestions for another program

Tuned Listener

Suggestions for another program

If you have any suggestions for another program I would really appreciate it.  I've used ACT! since 1991 and have dealt with "bugs" over the years.  However, I just upgraded to Version 10 and it is EXTREMELY SLOW when trying to reschedule activities.  I've been dealing with Tech Support since 5/22 and the problem can't be resolved.  The only thing they were able to do was to drop the rescheduling time from 35 seconds/activity to 7-10 seconds.  I also can't drag & drop multiple activities.  I just can't work this way.

I would rather go through the one-time hassle of converting to another program and being able to get on with my life.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Jeff 

Copper Contributor

Re: Suggestions for another program

Opening multiple threads with the same message won't get it answered any faster.
Best Regards,

Chuck
Tuned Listener

Sorry 'bout that.  I was frustrated and found one post that seemed to deal somewhat with my problem, but then decided it might be better to get more specific and post my exact problem

New to this site, so learning.

Aloha,

Jeff

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi

I am assuming that you upgraded from ACTUAL or ACT6. The new version of ACT runs on SQL and is very demanding on both memory and CPU power. If you have less than 1Gb of RAM ACT 10 will run slowly - I always recommend 2 Gb. Also if the PC is budget end or an old machine you may also have performance problems.

Another important consideration is that the virus checker is not set to dynamically scan for viruses or make sure the ACT folder is excluded.

If none of the above comments are valid I am sorry you are unhappy with ACT but it is still one of the best CRM systems out there.

Best of luck.

Chip.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

How big is your database?

How many attachments?

What hardware specs (RAM, Processor, HDD speed) for server and workstation if on a LAN?

Tuned Listener

Aloha Mike,

I have 8422 contacts.

I'm not sure what you mean by "attachments"

2 GB RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

5400 RPM HDD Speed

Thanks,

Jeff

Platinum Elite Contributor

Ahhh... it's a known issue with Microsoft's .Net and SQL that they do run slow on a 5400rpm drive. We always recommend 7200 or faster.

I'd also make your Windows swap file 4GB (twice the RAM) - do a defrag before and after this change

Also make sure you empty all files in c:\Windows\temp and your temp folder - Start | Run | %TEMP%