Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Suggestion to replace uselsss activities with meaningful ones

Copper Contributor

Suggestion to replace uselsss activities with meaningful ones

What is the point of having "e-mail not sent" and "fax not sent?"  Why would anyone want to record an e-mail or fax not sent?

How about replacing them with something useful, such as "e-mail received and fax received?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Suggestion to replace uselsss activities with meaningful ones

Hello CraigJ.

In sales it is important the positive and negative efforts that have been made.  For example, I record bounced eMails when sending an eMail blast.  If the bounce continues, I then start an investigation as to why.

In the case of sending a FAX, you want to know that you attempted and that it failed.  If it has failed a certain number of times, then like the bounced eMail, it is time to figure out what caused it.  

It is also useful when reporting internally as to what efforts have you made to reach a certain customer or prospect, or just how are you spending you time.

For what it's worth, I have created a number of alternative activities especially the "call" activity.  I created " .call " so I can add different responses.  

Well, that's my 2 cents worth.  Unfortunately when I offer my 2 cents worth, I generally get change.  Just hope it helped.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Those two activity results are built into the program and can't be changed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

It is important to have those failed options but I also like the email received suggestion as a auto filling system field.

Maybe suggest it as an improvement here -

https://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/idb-p/ideas

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply.

I guess you and I have different interpretations of what "not sent" means.  I interpret it literally - "I did not send an e-mail/fax".  With that interpretation, why would I want to record/track/measure an activity I didn't do?  I suspect your interpretation is more like John Purdy's, who seems to interpret it as a failed delivery. If that's the case, the correct activity would be something like "e-mail/fax delivery failure" and I could see how that might have value.

Craig

Copper Contributor

OK, so then the suggestion I'll post in the Suggestions area is to augment those with the two I suggested here.

Copper Contributor

Hi John,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

The way I interpret those activities is "I did not send an e-mail" and "I did not send a fax". It sounds as if you interpret them as a failed delivery. If that's the case, the correct activity would be something like "e-mail/fax delivery failure" and I could see how that might have value.

Craig