Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Struggling with converting an Act 6 database (with custom fields) to Act 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Struggling with converting an Act 6 database (with custom fields) to Act 2010

Struggling with converting an Act 6 database (with custom fields) to Act 2010 Running through the process to convert my ACT 6 database to ACT 2010 it appears that I have options to convert custom fields relating to home addresses, group addresses, phone numbers & secondary contacts.  My Act 6 database has 36 custom fields none of which relate to address details or phone numbers. I can see by running through the process how you would add a custom set of address or phone fields, eg shipping address details but I cannot see how or where I add my 36 custom fields. Can anyone offer any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gtdc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Struggling with converting an Act 6 database (with custom fields) to Act 2010

I don't have my PC & Act in front of me - so please forgive some vagueness in this answer.   If you need more help, I will find my notes & get you better instructions. 

If I remember correctly, when doing our conversion, we did a  " FILE > OPEN" and then picked from dropdown that included Act 6. That activated the conversion wizard.  We used the "standard conversion" and it automatically converts the custom fields.   

Can you specify what procedure you're using?

Luis 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author gtdc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Struggling with converting an Act 6 database (with custom fields) to Act 2010

I don't have my PC & Act in front of me - so please forgive some vagueness in this answer.   If you need more help, I will find my notes & get you better instructions. 

If I remember correctly, when doing our conversion, we did a  " FILE > OPEN" and then picked from dropdown that included Act 6. That activated the conversion wizard.  We used the "standard conversion" and it automatically converts the custom fields.   

Can you specify what procedure you're using?

Luis 

Copper Super Contributor

I tried a custom conversion having (quite possibly incorrectly) thought that was what the FAQs were pointing me to do.

I shall try the standard conversion and see if that will do an automatic conversion.

Thank you Luis. I'll report back when I've tried it.

Copper Super Contributor

Spot on. That worked perfectly. Thank you.
Platinum Elite Contributor

You only need Custom conversion if you have additional address blocks or fields for secondary contacts