Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Struggling with Birthday Annual Event

Struggling with Birthday Annual Event

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Sage... downloaded v. 2011 Pro 2 days ago and have been working to configure for my Insurance agency.  I created a Tab to collect data about each Client's dependents - name, age, relationship, etc.  I created fields called Dependent1 Name, Dependent1 Birthday, Dependent1 Gender, and so forth... for a total of 4 dependents. Did the same for Spouse. I used Annual Event for field type for the birthday fields. My goal is to set up a Birthday group to monitor upcoming birthdays for the Client, his spouse, and his children. As long as I enter criteria for just one field, it works fine. But when I try to enter multiple criteria it returns nothing.  I really do not want to setup 6 groups to monitor birthdays Smiley Surprised

Below is a screenshot of the criteria... any suggestions are appreciated!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Struggling with Birthday Annual Event

Your logic looks sound to me.  I would use the option "Month Equals (Number)" and create 12 groups but what you have done should work.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

But it does not work... that is the problem.

Silver Super Contributor

In that case you'll need to call Sage technical support and create a ticket.  The moderators on this site might be able to do it for you if they can reproduce it.  In the meantime you can try the one I suggested and see if it works any better for you.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Platinum Super Contributor

This is a known issue, where 2 or more annual event fields are entered into a query, the query fails to return results. This issue is under investigation.
Greg Martin
Sage

I just spent TWO hours on the phone with tech support... and Yes, known issue. Wish I had known that before I spent two hours Smiley Very Happy    The KI case# is 8002193223... hopefully it will be fixed.