Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Struggling with ACT!

Struggling with ACT!

I have NEVER built a database before and i have been given the task by my boss to collate all our customer infomation and input it into act.

To say ive been struggling is a huge understatement!

Ive managed to get the infomation in, and now my boss wants me to export the information and import it into the same version of ACT in the UK.

How do i do this??

Im really sorry if this is a basic question, but as i say im struggling!

Employee

Re: Struggling with ACT!

You coud take a back up of the database then bring to other machine and restore it

You can get more detail in knowdege base article

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1921...  

Shyam Sasindran

ACT! Technical Support

Shyam Sasindran
Customer Support Analyst - ACT!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Unfortunately Shayam,

If the two versions of ACT! are not the same regional setting, that won't work. It's a problem that, since ACT! 7.0, ACT! locks the database to the region version it was created in. Database Language and Currency require hacks to be changed.

Lycia,

What version and country/region of ACT! is the data created in (check Help | About)? In your profile, it says you're in Turkey, but not sure what regional version of ACT! you have.

Does your boss want the different copies to update each other via sync or is this a once only sending of data?

Does the UK already have a database they want to add your data to, or is this a new database for them?

Employee

oh.. i didn't think about that sorry mike

Shyam Sasindran
Customer Support Analyst - ACT!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yeah, Sage don't seem to think about these international issues and the effects on users Smiley Sad