Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Strange behavior - company name changing

Strange behavior - company name changing

Greetings, all.  I've got something bizarre happening, and I can't seem to find a solution to it.  First, the details (and hopefully, I'm including everything)

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

Single-user system, Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Office 2007

Database was converted from Act! 6.0

Document templates were converted from Office 2003

Periodically, the company name on the contact will change to the company name on my default record.  I just checked, and there are six changed records right now.  There is no indication as to when this happens, or why.  I *suspect* it relates to either writing documents or hotsyncing... I've been having issues with hotsyncing data between Act! and my Treo/now Centro, but that's a topic for a different thread.

It's really frustrating to discover that another contact has been changed on me...  Any suggestions as to what might be going on, or what I can look for? Anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks.

Scott

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Strange behavior - company name changing

I have seen this on Treo 600 and 650 devices.

What software are you using to synchronise?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Re: Strange behavior - company name changing

Thanks for the response!  I'm glad to know that it's not just me...

I've been using the Act!-provided ActLink for Palm OS.  Act! itself doesn't seem to recognize that it's been installed, though... and while I have reinstalled it a couple of times, I can usually get it to work once or twice before the syncs appear to stop working.  Frustrating that is...