Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Strange : Country code can't be modified or only to certain value

Tuned Listener

Strange : Country code can't be modified or only to certain value

I imported contacts from Outlook 2007, the majority of contact of Outlook didn't have country code in their phone numbers.

When imported into Act 2009 (menu File->Import...), all these contacts get "Australia(61)" in their country code field.

I modified the country of My Record to "France", then every new contact created in Act has the same country code "France (33)".

But for existing contacts, when I modify the country code,save it, refresh the screen (F5), the country code is restored to "Australia (61)".

The most interesting is for newly created contacts who have "France(33)", when I modify it to another country, save it, refresh it, it goes back to "France (33)", but if I modify it to "Australia (61)", it remains on "Autralia (61) after refreshing !

So it seems that I can't modify the country code except for certain values.

Any idea ?

Tuned Listener

Re: Strange : Country code can't be modified or only to certain value

Ok, other peoples have already had the same problem, and Mike Lazarus had already given the solution:

This was a bug I identified for Sage (I think fixed in ACT! 2009)... the only way is to blank the fields, save the record, then re-enter the fields with the correct country code and save again.

BTW: which PDA are you sending to?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing - Australia
What you should add to any support post

Tuned Listener

But how do you do with 600 contacts? Modify them one by one?

Try following the knowledgebase article below.

How To Replace Phone Format For Multiple Records