Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stonefield Query for SALE?

Copper Contributor

Stonefield Query for SALE?

[ Edited ]

I am looking to buy Stonefield Query for my ACT! v9 (2007).

Anyone have one for sale at a reasonable price?

send me a private message of you want.

Message Edited by tonyGTO on 03-14-2009 11:36 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Stonefield Query for SALE?

[ Edited ]

What, absolutely NO ONE has Stonefield Query that might want to sell it? That is very hard to believe!

Anyone know of any other addons or programs that can schedule and run reports with ACT v9, that is not so ridiculously expensive?

<Content edit.  Please keep it courteous.>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 04-06-2009 03:06 PM

I do not know of any, but here are a couple addon sites that may have what you're looking for.

www.act.com/addons

www.actaddons.com

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks anyway, but they don't, I have looked and looked and looked.

Geee, if another company came out with an addon that can scedule and run reports for those with versions of ACT that don't have that feature, and price it less than 'stonedfield query', they would get a lot of business!

Message Edited by tonyGTO on 04-06-2009 12:12 PM

[ Edited ]

What exactly is a reasonable price?

Let me give you a little history on the pricing of Stonefield Query. Originally we priced SQ at $99 a copy thinking that every ACT! user would buy a copy - not so. In fact sales were terrible. So we increased the price to $199. Guess what, sales increased both in units and dollars.

The price was next increased to $495. Any guesses? That’s right, sales went up again.

All of a sudden people started to realize Stonefield Query was more than just a simple report writer, it’s a Business Intelligence/ Data Mining solution that is capable of many things with ACT! In the past year the price was increased to $750 plus maintenance. Sales are up another 40% even in this terrible economy!

<Content edit. Advertising content removed.>

Get hold of your local ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) to buy Stonefield Query.

Mickey Kupchyk

President

Stonefield Software Inc. 

Message Edited by ghollister on 12-02-2009 05:48 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

The only alternative to SQ that I'm aware of is Crystal Reports, but I think it's more expensive and needs more skills to use. It is a bit better if used with Crystal Clear Essentials from http://www.adsprogramming.com/products.htm

If your tech skills are good enough, you might try just using Excel from the OLEDB or ODBC connections to the database - ODBC only with Premium editions of ACT! and OLEDB doesn't give access to Activities prior to ACT! 2010

For some more info, see: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/07/connecting-to-act-by-sage-data.html

For most people, I suspect the time taken to generate a nice report might cost more than SQ... unless you don't value your own time.