Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Still need resolution on error when duplicating records in 2010

Copper Contributor

Still need resolution on error when duplicating records in 2010

We get an error message "Value Cannot Be Null" everytime we duplicate a contact.  You have to click OK, then everything seems to work fine.  This is a major annoyance, and our employees are afraid they are doing something wrong to the database when this happens.  How do we fix this?  Thanks. 

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Still need resolution on error when duplicating records in 2010

This is a known issue in Act! 10.2 and 10.3 related apparently to duplicate checking function in the system.

Do a search on the message that you mention in the knowledge base at help.act.com for possible fixes.

Copper Contributor

Thanks. I have disabled duplicate record checking as suggested, but we still get the "Value cannot be null" error when duplicating. This did not occur in any past versions of ACT including 2009 (this database is over 15 years old now, so lots of ACT versions used).  We have not made any field changes to our database since upgrading to 2010 last month.  What could cause this?  Very frustrating to my employees.  Thanks again.
PMM
Copper Contributor

We're getting this same error message (field cannot be null) when trying to duplicate records.  Has there been any resolution to this?
Copper Contributor

We are using ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3 and we continue to see this problem. It does get annoying to users. Duplicating records also does not copy the Access Level onto the new contact record. We have to manually change the access level for the new record since other users are unable see it.
Copper Contributor

Can Sage give us any timeframe of when this will be fixed???  This is very annoying.
PMM
Copper Contributor

This has been a constant problem since installing Version 12.  I noticed Loyal Listener above has Hotfix 3 and I only have Hotfix 2.  Just tried to download Updates from ACT and was asked to register.  It asked what Version I'm running but only offers choices up to Version 9???? .......so, I can't register to download Hotfix #3.

What has happened to this software company?   Why have they released this product when it has SO many problems? 

Why are they not fixing the problems or at the very least keeping their Users informed of their progress in trying to fix the problems.  I've been using ACT for 15 years and never experienced anything like this.  The man hours that have been wasted, even to my small business, are incalculable.

My system is constantly locking and we only have 2 users.  The task manager can't even unlock it, I have to turn my entire pc system off to unlock it.  Incredibly frustrating!!!!!!!!

Copper Contributor

Any updates on this issue?

PMM
Copper Contributor

Hotfix 4 was a big improvement.  The system is locking about 80% less often and is faster to respond generally.  I still get the error message when trying to create a duplicate record - no change to that.

I've tryed every recommeneded fix for this. I only have one person in the office suffering from this problem. Are you going to fix this?