Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Startup fails with ACT! 2008 (10) on booting Windows Vista Premium Home Edition

Startup fails with ACT! 2008 (10) on booting Windows Vista Premium Home Edition

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) version 10.03.182 does not statup when I boot up the computer. In msconfig startup I have checked the boxes for ACT 10! to startup, but it doesn't startup.  It used to, but now it doesn't.

Also, I continuously receive "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message whenever I try to save last results.  How can I fix this?

Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Startup fails with ACT! 2008 (10) on booting Windows Vista Premium Home Edition

Hello,

In msconfig, does the ACT! item you choose under the Startup tab have a command line that ends with the word "preload"? If so, then this will not start ACT!, but rather just "warm up" up the program for an easier manual start. You would have to add the "ActSage.exe" file from the ACT! program directory C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows, to the C:\Documents & Settings\[user name]\Start Menu\Programs\Startup file to do this. This is not recommended, since other services that ACT! relies on (SQL, Protexis) may not have yet fully started when ACT! attempts to start, and you will get an error.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.