Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Starting Out - Getting It Right

Starting Out - Getting It Right

Finally made the plunge with ACT! 2011 Premium today! Loving it so far although plenty of setting up to do before I can actually start receiving the benefits from it.

So far, its all just a case of defining fields and adjusting the layout etc.

One brick wall I have come across however is setting up an additional tab.

I want to duplicate the Opportunities feature and call it a policies section. I am an insurance broker and want to attach policies to my contacts (and some companies). Is there anyway I can create a second 'oppurtunities' feature, calling it something else with its own set of fields and so on?

Kind Regards,

Joseph

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Starting Out - Getting It Right

The short answer in no. However, ACT! provides the capability of adding custom tables but you need a third party plugin to allow you to define and design your custom table. Two very good ones are Topline Designer and the Durkin Toolbox.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

In that case then, can I forgo Opportunities and rename it to Policies and just change the fields? Or is it more fixed than I am thinking?
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you trying to track anything (think being able to a look up and find something based off a field value or do reporting) with this policies tab / field or do you just want to be able to attach an XLS, PDF or DOC to the contact that currently has this policy in place or has been quoted this policy?

ACT 2010 Core Certified