Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Start Up Preferences

Copper Contributor

Start Up Preferences

Is there a way to set preferences in Act 12 so the program always starts with the same views and settings?

Every time I load the program I have to manually rollover tasks (once each day), manually start the calendar, manually sort the priority of the task list etc.

Act 6 would rollover tasks every day automatically and start up exactly as I left it.

Am I missing something, or did the developers?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Start Up Preferences

For the items you have listed, there are no options to keep those settings.  You will be prompted to roll-over the activities, the Task List will resort to default sort, and you cannot set the calendar view as your initial screen. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your reply. This arrangement seems counter productive. Act 6 started up nicely, retaining all settings, automatically rolling over tasks and allowing me to get to work straight away.

Does anyone know the purpose of this design?  Is this an improvement or a step backwards? Does anyone else out there feel that the program should start up ready to go without a lot of mouse clicks?

Platinum Super Contributor

There is an option to open each screen (calendar, contacts, opportunities, companies, etc..) in it's own window:

This option is found under Tools > Preferences > Startup tab > enable "Open each view in it's own window".

This may save you some time, but it will not roll over the activities or save sort patterns.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Yes, I already have that option checked.  Thank you for your response.

Am I the only one annoyed by these simple little shortcomings?  Perhaps I am too critical.

Copper Contributor

I found a viable workaround using a macro program called macro express. Works like a charm now.  Finally, Act 12 starts up just like I would like it to, everything rolled over, sorted, viewed and displayed the way I like it.

I've also created hotkeys to take the drudgery out of routine operations like rescheduling appointments and using the phone dialer.