11-10-2009 10:07 PM
For this particular user, whenever he tries to create new/edit existing activity record in My Record or other contact record on his remote db and click on Start Time field, the Start Time drop down list take >1 min to load.
I've tried to recreate the existing remote database, create a new remote database and check and repair both remote db and none of them is working.
The weird thing is if i use other normal user's/admin user's username to login to his remote db and there is no such problem.
PS: I have a feeling there could be some issues with this user's My Record/user account. Any idea how to troubleshoot this? Btw, I'm using ACT! 7 and this is the first time i have such error.
11-12-2009 01:45 PM
There are a couple of ways you see if the username is corrupted:
- On his remote machine, log into the demo database ACT(version#)Demo and see if you can duplicate the issue
- Log in to the main database as that user on another machine and try to duplicate
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
11-12-2009 04:49 PM
this is what i have tried further:
1. use other user's login id to login to his remote db - no such problem
2. use his login id to login to the central/server db - no such problem
3. create a new remote db for the user - still same problem
4. uninstall and reinstall ACT! and remove all ACT! related registry settings - still same problem
5. create a new windows profile for the user - still same problem
from the test above, it seems like the problem is machine related, probably some files corrupted especially those related to calendar (my guess!).
anyone else has any idea?
01-04-2010 11:15 AM