Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Splitter Bar moves when Act is closed

Splitter Bar moves when Act is closed

[ Edited ]

The splitter bar is lower than I want on the page.  I move it up with the mouse and it stays until I close the program. After I close and reopen it is too far down again.

How do I fix the splitter bar in one place between open and close of the program? 

Using:

Act pro 2011

Win7 OS

Thank you,

BK

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Splitter Bar moves when Act is closed

Hi BK,

you may want to modify the layout, change the  position of the splitter there, then try again

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

you may also want to consider an ACC (like us) all ACC´s can probably help you with one session to make more out of ACT.

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Bronze Super Contributor

This could also be a sympton of having the Windows DPI set to something other than 100%.

Jim Durkin has a tool that can allow you to use higher DPI settings, see his post here:

http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Act-Premium-V16-High-DPI-Issues/m-p/287585#M36602

Ben.

Ben:

Thanks a lot for the answer.  I could have tweaked around with Act forever and never thought of the DPI issue. 

It sounds like the Durkin program changes the display properties for all programs if used.  I will have to dig deeper now that I know WHERE to dig. 

Thanks again,

Bill

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

First, our DPI fixer only changes the ACT! program. We do not change or alter any other program in your system.

Second, the latest version of DPI fixer allows you to turn off the font size changes (display properties) leaving only the "splitter" location fixes in place.

TO due this

1. Please install the latest build DPI Fixer Installer

2. Restart ACT!

3. Go to the TOLS menu and select DPI FIXER

4. In this ABOUT form remove all the check marks from the font(s) options.

5. Click OK

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin