Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Split screen/2monitors

Split screen/2monitors

SAGE VER 2010 Ver 12.1 Using ACT with Detailed View showing in the TOP HALF of Right side monitor, & Notes BOTTOM HALF of right side monitopr...

PROBLEM>>> everytime I open ACT ...the tabs: [NOTES] [HISTORY] [ACTIVITIES] ect tabs are not visable. (they should be across the middle of the screen hoizonally)...They do not show on the screen.  ACT constantly opens  with  a blank bottom half of my screen!  Using the mouse and & CURSOR, on the bottom frame of ACT,  I can pull up the  tabs upward to make them visable and my notes visable,  Using two monitors, ACT is open on the right side monitor. Yet, even going into LAYOUT and saving it the way I want it goes back to blank bottom half of screen on openting ACT>  Any suggestions, how to freeze them in place would  be greatky  appreciated.  BTW: I have been using ACT since the days of DOS,  THANKS..Ken, Allentown/Bethlehem, PA

Bronze Contributor

Re: Split screen/2monitors

What I have found with this is if you put ACT! on the right screen do not make it full screen but rather nearly to the edge. Adjust your bars and other settings and then close ACT!. Wait for a minute or so and then open again, it should retain the settings.

If this fails then remove your preferences and redo the settings above.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks, appreciate the suggestion... I had tried that before. Also tried it again today..no luck.  Also, yesterday evening, I went in and did an edit to my layout, increaased  the Font size on the input  fields in the upper half of the screen. After those changes, the top half still opens properly, and the bottom half now opens about 1/4 of the way up the screen.  Fortunately it is just an annoyance and not essential to solve... 

Platinum Super Contributor

The description sounds like a result of customizing the monitor's DPI settings.  Here is an article with more information: KB Article 26349

At this point, you will most likely need to reset the DPI settings and manually delete your ACT! Preference files.  Try resetting DPI and testing, if the tabs stay in place you will not need to recreate the preference files.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the research and suggestion on the DPI.  I have read over the article and it sounds like the problem. However, everything else seems to work fine with all my other programs and cannot justify venturing into those changes. The problem is not functional  so I wil llive with it for now.  Thanks.