Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sorting documents by date

Sorting documents by date

I have just upgraded from Act 9 to Act 10.  One of the main reasons I upgraded was that since using the program I have grown my business and therefore attach a lot of documents to the documents tab.  In version 9 these could only be sorted by name which was inconvenient as often the latest document would be buried half way down the list.

A phone call to a large Act reseller confirmed that version 10 sorts by any column you want so could be sorted by date if required.  Guess what?  It doesn't work.  Sage confirm that there is a bug in the program that they are working on.

I'm getting used to this program being a bit quirky with it's own way of doing things but this is a basic error. 

I don't want dashboards, I don't want fancy graphs, I want quick access to day-to-day information to communicate with my customers.

I see Sage are already starting the sales push on Act 2009 - lets see if this bug finds it's way into that as well.  In the meantime I've just wasted over £100

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sorting documents by date

Are you referring to the Documents tab?

I've just tried this in 10.0.2.1 and I can sort the Doc on the Date Modified field

Not sure if it would make a difference, but I'm also using this freebie:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ADN_Downloads&thread.id=2

Worked in Contacts... but not in Companies or Groups

If that's where you looking, you might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Thanks Mike, I'll give the previewer a try.  However the problem with sorting is on the documents tab within contacts.  One of the guys at a major Act reseller and tech support company took over my PC and confirmed it was a problem then phoned Sage who said there was a bug that they were "working" on.  I assume it happens intermittently so you may not see it.  In fact at one point clicking on the date header had the effect of sorting the name column – bizarre.

Odd... never wored for me in Companies or Groups, but everytime ok in Contacts.

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

I'm running 10.0.2.1 if that might make a difference

It's 10.0.2.191   Brand spanking new!

The up/down arrow changes direction and the documents stay in the same order, although as I mentioned it works sometimes and not others.  Probably works say 10% of the time.

I'm on a LAN but I only run Act on one machine and the docs are on that machine.