Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sorting Problem

Sorting Problem

Hi there!  Hoping you guys have some idea on how to fix this issue.

I have my sort set to sort by Company, then Contact.  I will be doing look-ups and everything is fine.  But then it will just suddenly change my sort preferences.  I could do one look-up and it works fine, then the next one suddenly the sort preferences are different and I have to go in and reset them to what they were before.  Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sorting Problem

Any time you do a lookup by a field the sort is set to that field.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Sorting Problem

Hi Roy,  Thanks for reaching out.  I'm sorry if maybe I wasn't clear in describing my problem.  I've been using ACT for over 15 years, so I'm quite familiar with it and how the lookup function works.

Let me try to explain it again.  If I go to my edit tab, and then go to sort... I have it set to sort by Company and then by Contact.

So let's say I do a lookup of my database by City and choose Phoenix.  It shows me that lookup of all the records in Phoenix, and that lookup is sorted by Company, then by contact.

I can do that lookup and it is sorted correctly.  The problem occurs sometimes where I can go back and do that same exact lookup a few minutes later, and then it is sorting it completely different (usually it does it by Last Name). And then if I go back into the edit tab, and then to sort... it now says Sort by Last Name.

I didn't go in and change that setting.  And I don't know why it changes it on me randomly. 

I do at least 50 lookups a day, and most times it works fine.  I'd say this happens once every couple of weeks.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help...