Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sort by State in Task List

Sort by State in Task List

I have Act! 2006 and am needing to sort the tasks by state, so that phone calls that need to be done for the day can be done properly depending on the time zone.  Anyone know if this is possibly without using the Add-On Task List Plus?
Nickel Contributor

Re: Sort by State in Task List

[ Edited ]

I don't think "State" is one of theavailable fields you can customize the task list layout with. Wouldnt you be scheduling those calls based on the contacts time zone anyway?

Heres an idea. Go into your task list and do a lookup of today's activities. You now have a list of today's 30 calls or whatever. Now click on the magnifying glass on the top toolbar. This creates a lookup of today's contacts. NOW you can sort this list by state and take care of each one in the order it needs to be taken care of.

I always start my day in the task list and doa lookup of todays contacs. Makes it very easy to see and use all that contacts information andim only dealing with a list of a couple dozen or so.

rdit: typos

Message Edited by mvpulsts on 06-30-2008 07:35 PM
Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Thanks, that's a good workaround for now!
Bronze Super Contributor

The add-on called Task List Plus for ACT! that can display and sort on ANY field from the contact table including custom fields.  Check it out at : http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsTaskListPlus.aspx

thanks

-- jim durkin

[ Edited ]
Did you not read my post?  {please post courteously} I can't believe you want to charge people $90 for that software.  I used your software for about 20 days, and after it screwed up a lot of my contacts, I decided what little it does is not worth it.  I wouldn't have paid more than $10 for the software even if it didn't ruin a lot of my database.
Message Edited by tashina on 06-30-2008 09:10 PM
Bronze Super Contributor

First, I apologize for my oversight.

Second, I am truly sorry to hear you had a problem with our ACT! add-on.

If you recall what was the issue you had?

I would love to fix it ASAP,  just contact me any time.
http://www.durkincomputing.com/Company.aspx

Sincerely, 

-- jim durkin