Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sometimes data does not propagate with a sync. Other time it does. What are the rules?

Copper Super Contributor

Sometimes data does not propagate with a sync. Other time it does. What are the rules?

Everything is set up for a sync environment of 1 parent and 5 remote database. After a sync I use the view>refresh menu to see the changes. It seems to work most of the time, but then sometimes it won't.

I have just changed a field on a child db and after the sync, the change will not show on the parent db even after a refresh.  Other times I make a change to another field on another record, and that will propagate.

How do I delete a record so that is stays deleted? If I delete it from the parent and sync the remote, most times it deletes the child as it should. But then someone else with another child db will sync with the parent and it gets put back on the parent. Bummer. Back to square one. How do I delete a record so that is stays deleted?

What rules define this apparently irratic behavior?

I made the sync set as generic as possible, everyone gets all fields.

How do you delete a contact from all db copies (parent and children)?

How do you reliably know if a change was propagated to every user?

Why would the db changes propagate sometimes, then other times other changes do not propagate?

Re: Sometimes data does not propagate with a sync. Other time it does. What are the rules?

If deleting or updating on one side, it should do the same on the other side. ACT! will transfer over the most updated information. 

Say if you delete a record on the remote database at 1:10.  On the main database, that same record had a field updated at 1:15.  When the remote database syncs, the record will come back because the change made on the server is more recent.

Try running full database maintenance from actdiag on both machines.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures