Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some users can't read text in fields

Copper Contributor

Some users can't read text in fields

I have a custom layout with lots of additional fields in the groups section.  The text boxes on the layout are a little smaller than the stock ACT! field boxes in order to fit them on the screen.

99% of my users have no problem and see everything perfectly.  A couple people, running the same screen resolution, see the bottom of the text cut off in the text box.  I have checked everything I can think of (same font size selection in windows, same DPI screen display setting, same screen resolution, etc) and cannot explain why these 2 people have issues.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Chuck
Copper Contributor

Re: Some users can't read text in fields

bump
Best Regards,

Chuck
Platinum Elite Contributor

I suspect that it is a font substitution done by Windows.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I thought of that, but it's Verdana, which is installed by Windows automatically.  I checked her machine and it has the exact same version number of the Verdana font installed......
Best Regards,

Chuck

You referred to screen resolution but you did not mention whether if normal or large fonts are being used. The large fonts setting could cause that problem.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

No, I checked that also - that's what I meant by "same font size selection in windows", but I didn't state it too well.
Best Regards,

Chuck

Because ACT! does not control the screen, I suspect that you are dealing with different video boards or video drivers that need updating. The layout in ACT! is coded in XML code and all measurement are done in pixels. However, the font is controlled by Windows and the video board/driver. In other words, the field size is the same in pixels but the font is overlaid by the system video.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129