Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some tabs not synching

Some tabs not synching

When we synch remote databases, data on 5 tabs (Home, Phone, etc) aren't synching.  These are "out of the box" tabs & fields - like Home Address - not custom.

Re: Some tabs not synching

Does anybody have any ideas re: why data on certain tabs aren't synchronizing with the main database?  20+ people have "viewed' this question so I don't think I'm alone out there...but 2 days and none of the Act "gurus" have weighed in with any advice.  I'm used to better from this community!

What version of ACT! and what type of sync is being used?  Was this working before?  Are all remote users experiencing this issue and does it happen with all contacts?  If you input data on the server, will it to sync to the remote and vice versa?

Act v. 10 - I'm not sure if it was working before or not because these are the "lesser used" tabs.  This came up when one user tried to update Home addresses for holiday cards and they didn't synch so we tested w/ a 2nd user and she modified something on each of the tabs to see what did and did not synch.  It was the 5 standard tabs "to the right" that are apparently not synching.

The 5 tabs to the right Acquisition Info, History, Company Data, Phone/Home and Status do not synch for remote users.  Acquisition Info is the only custom tab.  We are using Act v10.  I seem to have stumped the experts with this one!!!

58 views and NO ideas?!?!?!

10.0.3 update improved syncing.  You can try updating if this is not a data issue.

You can also add info to the tabs on the main database and try to sync the remote.  See if the data transfers over.  This can help narrow down which side is having the issue.

Run database maintenance on both the remote and main database. - Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

New information:  the tabs that do NOT synch also do not have the option to "select users".  What is "select users" and how do we enable it on the non-synching tabs?

Select Users is to filter data by record manager.  This control cannot be placed on a custom tab.  I tested this in-house and was able to reproduce to some degree.  After first the tab did not appear.  I had to toggle layouts in order for the tab to appear on the layout.

Does that mean that data on custom tabs can not be synchronized?