Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some preferences are not being retained ("Startup", "General") but others are (Act 2011).

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Some preferences are not being retained ("Startup", "General") but others are (Act 2010).

Good to hear from you again! I only use a single profile, and I've had all the same issues as you, see earlier posts. Was just thinking about it as I reset my company history column preferences for the zillionth time and reminding myself to stay calm, it only takes a moment! 

How hard can it be to write a bit of code to lock in some customer preference settings. Why bother offering the preferences if you can't set them???

I am definitely in the market for a 21st century CRM - with the state of database platform development and processing speeds, there's got to be a new generation contact manager turn up. 

The problem with developing over 25 years is the amount of old thinking, old structures, old code and general crudware that is inherited.

Sage should re-visit all our ideas in the forum, write a whole new system from scratch with a whole new approach, then run both the old and new in parallel as completely separate systems. Anyone who likes old Act could keep using it, or you could migrate your data across (which would probably be a one-way operation) and try the new system while still running old Act. A bit like what you would do if you bought a CRM from another supplier.

And if Sage won't do it, I'm looking for someone who has!

Building relationships for 25 years it says above - well maybe start on your own customers Mr Act!!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Some preferences are not being retained ("Startup", "General") but others are (Act 2010).

Just saw this in my email this morning, from the Linkedin Act! Fanatics group:

http://globalcomms.sage.com/20130215_haHUfaf4/index.html

So lets see what the new owners can come up with!!

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Totally agree with your longer post above.  100% with you.

If I was looking at a new CMS, it would definitely be cloud-based: maintanence free + run on any device.  The downside is cost.  Act is so cheap.

I'm not hopeful of the sale.  It seems to me like Sage don't have the funds or inclination to truly migrate Act into a cloud-based CRM.  They have cut their losses and ran.  They bought it at time when other cloud-based CRMs were just taking off.

And they've sold it to an email marketing company...hmmm.