Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some Preferences Don't Stick

Bronze Contributor

Some Preferences Don't Stick

When I clicked on the dialer this morning, it let me know that I could not dial.  Clicked on dialing preferences and noticed that the "use dialer" was unchecked.

First question this community will ask is what changed since theh last time I used it.  The system is on a notebook computer, and I did use the system in another state and time zone over the weekend.  I did change the Windows time zone, but I did not attempt to use the dialer.  I have changed the time zone back and checked the use dialer box.

Quirk or bug?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Some Preferences Don't Stick

First I have heard of it.  Hopefully, it is just a "quirk."

There use to be a lot more preference issues but they have been reduced substantially with the newer releases of ACT!.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Bronze Contributor

Re: Some Preferences Don't Stick

John if you change your preferences you should the exit ACT and wait at least 30 seconds before reentering ACT. Then check the settings.

If they have not updated correctly then you may have a corrupted preferences file if they have then all should be good

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.