12-10-2009 03:12 AM - edited 12-10-2009 04:12 AM
[Edit: There is a second update below to update you on the latest]
I'm using Act 2008 (version 10.0.3.182 Hotfix 3) on Windows XP (SP3).
I've always had a riduculous number of Activities rolling over until recently - I've finally managed to clear them all. I've noticed that some Activities do not roll over into the Alarms the next day. I'm assuming I've always had this issue, but I wouldn't have noticed it with so many Activities.
Below is my task list displaying 24 Calls and 4 To-dos. On the right of the image are my Alarms, which only contains 12 items.
As you can see,To-dos and Calls are set to roll over:
I cannot find a pattern as to why some are not rolling over into my Alarms list and some are. For example, some of the activities that have rolled over into Alarms are very old and some were created just yesterday.
Can anyone suggest why some Activities are not rolling over into my Alarms list?
Thanks in advance,
12-10-2009 04:16 AM
I closed Act and re-opened it. Now I have 20 Activities in Alarms. I can only assume that the Alarms window opens before the "Would you like to roll over activities?" appears. For some crazy reason, the "Alarms" window is not set to refresh having clicked on "OK" to that message.
However, I still only have 20 Activities in Alarms but 28 listed in the "Task List", so my issue is not fully resolved.
Can anyone offer any advice?
12-14-2009 07:25 AM
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
12-15-2009 06:55 AM
Thanks. I followed the advice yesterday. The first repair option found 40 errors. There were no errors in the other repair options. I regularly run check and repair and that didnt find any issues.
However, this did not resolve my issue.
Today I have 28 Activities in my task list and 26 Alarms. I've checked every activity in the Task List. They all say "Ring Alarm" on "0 minutes" or "60 minutes". All Activities have the time set to "None".
Any more advice?
01-08-2010 02:46 AM - edited 01-08-2010 02:56 AM
Every day I find there are some activities which have not rolled over into my alarms. I have been running those fixes several times a week. Since the initial batch of 40 fixes, I have had 1 fix since.
I re-create the missing activities on a daily basis. I delete the old activity and copy across the activity text to the new activity. Once the new activities have been re-created, they appear in my Alarms list.
This issue is basically rendering Alarms useless because it takes me longer to correct the issue than it would do to simply make my calls from the Task View.
Can anyone offer any more suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
03-15-2010 10:28 AM
Having followed the advice above (in the following article) once , my issue was not resolved:
However, each Monday, I follow the advice above. It oftens finds 1-3 contacts to repair.
Over time, I've gradually weeded out the errors.
I also think that clearing old activities and replacing them with new ones has helped reduce the errors.
I'm hoping at some point all the errors will be removed.
I suspect this is yet another issue caused by my database being imported from Act 2004.
03-16-2010 11:28 AM
05-04-2010 04:18 AM
Now, as soon as I see an activity in my task list that isn't in my alarms (they all have alarm/reminder set to 0 minutes), I delete it, re-create it, then follow the procedures in this:
Actdiag will find an error to fix - it seems this is the only sure way to weed the issues out.
05-05-2010 02:12 AM
Every time I think I'm getting this issue sorted, it rears its ugly head again. This problem is doing my head in!
Today I had 4 tasks in my task list that did not appear in my alarms list.
Some of these contacts were only created in the last few months (and, obviously, their respective activities).
So I am wondering if this really is an issue dating back to my old Act 2006 database (which was imported into Act 2008).
After deleting the 4 activities and re-creating them today, I ran the procedures in the knowledge based article (see thread immediately above) and it found no errors to fix today.
I really would be grateful if anyone could provide some ideas to try.