Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Solution to my very basic ACT needs?

Copper Contributor

Solution to my very basic ACT needs?

I have about 1,600 contacts with a handful of customized fields. For each contact, I have extensive notes.

Top menu, I simply use "To-Do" to schedule future events, and "Notes" to type up the results of those events. So, the "Calendar" function is what I use on a daily basis.

(Note: I do not do email from ACT or call out from ACT or generate reports, etc.)

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I use ACT on an Android platform if I want to get a tablet? (I know this might be answered deeper into the forum messages, but asking based on my basic needs.) If not, is use of ACT on Android imminent?

2. Any hope for doing this on a Mac, other than running Windows on Mac?

3. After 20 years of using ACT, might I be better off considering another database programmer (shudder the thought!) for more flexibility on other platforms?

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Solution to my very basic ACT needs?

1. I'd wait for Handheld Contact to release their Android version - due end of year
2. No ... needs Windows
3. So far, there really isn't a product that's much better. The closest for Mac-only is Daylite ... but many mac users run ACT! in Windows under Parallels.
Copper Contributor

Thanks. Great to know of the upcoming release!

Copper Contributor

Awaiting word from Handheld, but wondering if there are any other options available to use ACT! on a tablet with Android as the OS. Or, does anyone have an update about availability from Handheld for this function?

There were some issues getting the compile to work in all version of the Android OS ... one of the issues of Android is the different versions of customisations.

It's currently in a closed beta, which should be opened up in the next couple of weeks.

Having tested the available mobile sync options, I'd wait for HHC

Copper Contributor

Great...thanks! I've "liked" both pages to keep track of updates.